I am not an artist, nor do I wish to be one so I can’t say, in all honesty, that this week’s assignments were fun or enjoyable.
Frankly, I think my muddling efforts are pretty ghastly. But I gave this week’s assignments the old college try.
I already had plenty of respect for the many graphic designers I have been blessed to work with over the years and have come away from this week’s homework with an even greater amount of respect and admiration.
First, my attempts with the Color Echo Exercise. I used Fotoflexer for this one and found it to be easier to use than Pixlr which I used for the Border Variations Exercise. Ironically, I think I also did a better job with the borders here than in the actual Border Variations Exercise which is further down:
Next, here are my attempts at the Logo Variations Exercise, again using Fotoflexer:
Last, but not least, here are my wretched attempts at the Border Variation Exercise, for which I used Pixlr. This was actually the first exercise I attempted so these are very rough. I am happy that I discovered an app that allows me to change .doc files to .jpg files so I can post them easily here on the blog. But I wish I had used Fotoflexer to start with because my later experiences were much easier than this fledgling effort. As I said before I”m not an artist. I did try to go a little bit out of the box with the lips border but yes, I will be quite happy to stick to my day job!